Friday, August 20, 2010

Always keep a camera with you when traveling


I always keep a camera in the trunk of my car. Not an expensive one but an older model that works.The reason for this is you never know what you are going to see when you go somewhere. Even if the somewhere is 15 minutes away.

On a recent trip to Orlando, Florida, which is almost 2 hours away, we saw a burning truck. It looked like a fairly new Ford truck. The heavy duty one. We were in North Tampa on Interstate 75 and this truck was on the side of the road burning. Every so often you would here a small explosion.
Probably different pockets of gas in the line or whatever.


I had an appointment in Orlando and we had to leave otherwise we would have stayed for the grand finale of the gas tank blowing up. As far as we could see the truck was not in any accident and thankfully no one was hurt. The truck just caught fire and the driver got out safely and was watching it as well.

I always leave my cameras set to ISO 100 at f/5.6 at 60th of a second. Knowing that, I changed the settings to 200th of a second at f/8 and started taking photos. For a bright sunny day with some clouds I know that is a good exposure. I got my shots and left.

Always keep a camera with you when you travel more than 15 minutes from your house. You never know what you will see.

3 comments:

  1. Automotive Buffs specializes in Infiniti car parts ... We have tons of

    Infiniti FX35, QX4, I35 and other models parts in stock in our various

    warehouses for less than you would pay anywhere else.Automotive Buffs,

    knowing you have the best quality Infiniti auto parts with the best

    warranty protection at wholesale discount prices!


    Heavy Duty Truck parts

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is my son's truck on fire. He lost about 16 thousand dollars worth of tools along with his truck. His computer and cell phone were also in the truck. He was1500 miles from home at the time. He is the tall guy standing with the fire extinguisher. I have searched the internet and these are the only two photos of his truck on fire. Thank you for posting them on this page.
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Charlie,
    It was a pretty dramatic sight. As bad as it was I am glad your son was able to watch it from the outside. If you should want the images send me your email at manny@getthepicture.tv and I will email them to you.
    I am sorry he lost his truck but glad he didn't loose his life.

    ReplyDelete