Thursday, March 1, 2012

Print Judging and entering print competition

I just had the pleasure to be a judge at a photo contest for the PSTA or The Pinellas Suncoast Transit Authority. They had a good number of prints and awarded First, Second, and Third prizes.

The theme was What does PSTA mean to you? The photo had to have in it something of or relating to the public transit system in Pinellas County, Florida.

There were three jud
ges of which I was one. For the most part we all agreed on which ones were the better or winning photos. However, I found it fascinating that several times we really had different views.

This is because we all learned photography or art by different means and sources. Each one influencing our idea of what is considered good or bad.

In the end we pretty much agreed on First, Second and Third place. The same is true for the ones we thought were less than good.

So here is the bottom line
: As one photographer once told when I was starting out, "Manny, the cream always rises to the top".

Top photo: My wife and I outside the PSTA building in St. Petersburg with a little gift for participating. I thought that was nice, thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment