Monday, August 3, 2009

Boston, my kind of town!
The day after I went to New York City we decided to take a drive to Boston. My wife had been there to visit my son at college and she raved about it. The skyline is smaller than New York City but really very nice. Using the Dominant Subject Rule I got a shot of the Skyline.


We got there late, about 3:30, and were all starving so we went to Regina Pizza in the North End. This is like Little Italy in New York only 1,000 times better! No offense to New York. I still Love New York Many in the streets, stores, and restaurants speak Italian. The food is excellent and the pastry shops are the best. There were lines 15 to 50 deep for everything. The only way you'll have it better is if you go to Italy.

The place was packed and the pizza excellent.





It seems like there is always a feast in one part of the town or the other. So we went to the Feast! We got there just in time to see a procession. Leading the procession in the Italian feast were Irish bagpipes. We all thought that was great. Hey, only in America!
The streets at the feast were blocked off from traffic so everyone just walked around. You get a real sense of community here.
There is Wonder Woman, Super Girl, and the Fantastic Four have The Invisible Girl. Bostons' North End has the Incomparable "Canoli Girl". She had "Canoli Girl" written on her shirt, stand and everything else. I thought she was great! She had a terffic attitude and the cannoli were pretty good. She was so nice to me that I didn't have the heart to tell her that she spelled cannoli wrong.

I gave the camera to my brother-in-law, Cosimo, to take a photo of me and "Canoli Girl". He really needs to buy my DVD's
By the way, You can leave comments on any of the blogs. Your feedback is always welcome.





























No comments:

Post a Comment