Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Trip to New York

Trip to NEW YORK CITY





My wife and I drove to New Jersey. We stopped at Lane Farms in Georgia. I love peaches but hate the peaches we by at the store so I wanted to go to the source.


We went inside and they had big juicy peaches everywhere. We bought a box for $30. We ate peaches all the way to N.J. By the time we reached New Jersey I had peaches coming out of my ears.

We took some photos inside.
Ever take a photo indoors using flash? If you want to make your background lighter or darker put the camera on MANUAL and change your shutter speed. To make the background darker use a higher speed like 1/60 or 1/125th of a second. The photo of my wife was taken at 1/125th of a second at f/4.

If you want to pick up the ambient light (existing light) lower your shutter speed to 1/30 or 1/15th of a second. The shutter controls the ambient light and the aperture controls the flash. At this lower speed look at how brighter the background came out.


Hold the camera steady. As you pick up ambient light at slower shutter speeds you will start to pick up movement so don't go too low.






I think we were in South Carolina when we came across this water tower. Pretty cool.














When we got to New Jersey my inlaws treated us to dinner and we celebrated my wifes' birthday. She is 29 "plus". I don't know what the "plus" equals. The last person that knew her real age was accidentally run over by a Fiat.
By the way, the waiter that took this photo really needs to come to one of my seminars or buy my DVD's. If he keeps taking bad photos like this he might get hit by a Fiat.
My sister ordered (and paid for) our favorite cake. A Napolean Cream Puff cake from Carlos' Bakery in Hoboken, N.J. It is the house special. Nobody makes it better. I mean nobody. $100 serves 20 people. I should have taken a photo before we devoured it. It was a work of art.





Next stop was Liberty State Park in Jersey City New Jersey. I wanted to take a photo of the Statue of Liberty but did not have time to go to Lower Manhattan or the Island itself. So I had to settle for a back view of the statue. New Jersey is a great state but has always been the butt of everyones' jokes. They even placed Miss Liberty with her back to the state. Oh well.
Now, if you have been using my rules of composition you know that this is a badly composed photo.
The photo below is much better.










I walked around a bit and came across this Monument below. It is of an American soldier of WWII carrying a Concentration Camp survivor.

Nothing that is worth anything in life is ever free, especially freedom.





Next blog will be about my day in New York City. I went to my favorite place. B and H photo. It is the most colossal photo, video, electonics store ever. Don't miss it!
In the meantime, if you should see a Fiat run for your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment